Saturday, October 17, 2009

Thomas and Savard and Bears, Oh My!


Dallas started this game extremely sloppy, seemingly incapable of clearing their own zone. I wrote that in the first period, expecting to change it, but wouldn’t you know it held true. Made this post a little easier. Offense couldn’t connect and the defense looked poor. Amazing how different a team can look from game to game.

First Period (1-0)
Knew it was too good to be true. Marc Savard threw one on net (totally called him having a good game), it went in, and the gears on Boston’s struggling power play started to go in motion.
Second Period (3-0)
More faceoff trouble and Patrice Bergeron shot it in through traffic for the second Boston goal. Star’s get caught on a long shift, turn it over, and Savard netted his second of the night.
Third Period (3-0)
No scoring.


-Nicklas Grossman took a puck to the nose and left the game.
-As of typing this, we are back down to 29 in the league on the penalty kill at 61.9 percent.
-Fell to 13 on power play, which makes sense since we were shut out.
-If I remember correctly...I mentioned two players when previewing this game. One got the shut out, the other two goals. Bow to greatness of Matthew Mahn.


Up Next:
I won’t predict this game since it’s currently on while I’m finishing this up, but when I heard last night we were playing Chicago, I felt a loss. They have quite a bit of young talent. Would be nice to see it match up against ours, but it won’t be on television. More on that next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment