Sunday, October 4, 2009

Somebody Fix That Door!

Stars lose 3-2 in a shootout. For the first 39 minutes of the game it was the Dan Ellis show, however Dallas fought back to send it to overtime. But the real story is the penalty box door coming open not once but twice after being hit. (I say that lightly) I’ve heard of fast boards but never a trap door. But I digress.

First Period
Stars had tons of chances, but couldn’t connect on any. Only goal in this frame was a gritty hack and slash by Jason Arnott.
Second Period
Stars held off the board aga…oh wait they scored with ten seconds left in the period by a falling James Neal. Steve Sullivan scored when Turco rolled a little too early.
Third Period
Ellis coughed up the puck, giving James Neal his second tally of the night on what is described by some bloggers as a “gift goal”. I’ll take it.
Overtime
No scoring but both teams had great chances on their power plays.
Shootout
I wasn’t very impressed with any goals, except maybe Ribeiro’s elevated backhand because I can’t get my own backhand off the ground. I do wonder about Richard’s shot though. At the beginning of the game, they were talking about how Ellis has bi-coloured pads, with the inside being white, possibly giving an illusion that his legs are apart when they aren’t. Could this explain the miss?

 Razor quote: “It’s poppin!” (In reference to his suit/tie combo)
 Razor quote: “It’s Santa big!” (In reference to Ribeiro’s “bag of moves”)
 If you can’t beat em, hurt em? Robidas nailed a guy into the boards, after which he left and didn’t return.
 Good seeing Arnott again, just not on the score sheet. I always liked him in Dallas.
 Richards was playing the blue line on most of the power plays. I’d rather see him inside but I’ll give it time.
 Jamie Benn was three months old when Modano broke into the league. His name came up in just about every other breath of Ralph and Razor. Expect good things from him.
 I am trying to figure out who my favorite Stars girl is…until I figure it out I will study up as much as I can. Needless to say, I’m in no rush.

Up Next: Dallas is touring Canada on the first road trip of the year. First up is the Oilers. We usually have their number, so I’m calling for a win 4-2

No comments:

Post a Comment