Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Not Quick Enough, Marty.


I guess I should be pretty happy with Marty Turco right now.

"But Matt, he's lost his past two starts!"

This I know. Trust me on that one. All I'm saying is he's making my calling for putting Alex Auld in net even stronger. This is what the team lacked last season. Turco has a bad game, then keeps playing. Why not switch him out? It's not like our backup has beaten two elite teams. Looks like Turco gets the start tonight against the Ducks and Auld will get Thursday's rematch with the Kings. May this be the real measuring stick. Turco gave up three goals to this LA bunch, lets see how Auld stacks up. If Auld does worse, perhaps I will lighten up on this matter. If he fares better (which I bet he will) then there could be some goalie controversy in Big D. Dallas had a fancy goal, but Jonathan Quick out dueled Marty Turco.


First Period (0-1)
Oh captain, my captain. Brenden Morrow makes a wicked no-look pass from behind the net to "Now and Then Jamie Benn" (I want to come up with a cool nickname for him. I know this isn't it, but there has to be something cool. Real Deal Neal can't have all the fun)
Second Period (3-1)
"We three Kings have all scored all goal" (Hum the song when you read that) Dallas lets in three to Ryan Smyth, Justin Williams, and Anze Kopitar. Deflections or not, this is unacceptable.
Third Period (4-1)
Empty netter to Wayne Simmonds, so it doesn't hurt as bad.


-Mike Modano could be out for "several more weeks" according to ESPN
-Power Play has dropped to 21 at 17.1 percent
-Penalty Kill up one spot to 26 at an even 70 percent
-Dallas has more points in the standings than Detroit. Oh yeah.


Up Next:
Tonight we're in Anaheim to play the not so mighty Ducks. Turco's in net and the Ducks lost five-love to the Blues in their last game so I'm calling for an Anaheim victory. Stars 3 Ducks 5

No comments:

Post a Comment