Thursday, February 18, 2010

Olympic Break

While I'm sitting here watching USA play Norway in Olympic play, I figured I'll finally recap the Stars' last game before the break. Dallas shut out Phoenix 3-0, and not to play the part of the broken record, but wow Marty Turco dazzled again. As John pointed out, he's really up-ing his trade value, so we can only wait and see what will happen after the break and the rosters un-freeze. Trading for a new goalie could be the best idea we've ever had, although now it's hard to imagine getting rid of a guy playing at this level. As for the actual game, I don't have much to say since I didn't catch most of it (Got the start time wrong so I didn't think I needed to record it...my bad) I do know James Neal knocked a guy out of the game from a hit into the boards. Krys Barch is getting better at fighting; he had two in the game, the second of which I saw. The guy he fought seems like a real goon due to the showboating he does after his fights, but Barch silenced him. In case you missed it. Round 1 Round 2 Dallas is now tied with Detroit for 9th place in the Western Conference with 68 points (one shy of 8th) Considering how bad this team has looked at times and the injuries they've had, you can't ask for much more. Then again maybe you could ask for one or two of those OT/Shout-out loses to be changed to wins, and then we'd be in as of now. We control our destiny, let's see where we go. There are plenty of home games left, so make sure you get out to a few more games before the season's over. For the majority of March we play, have a day off, then play again. I've got a good feeling they could make things interesting. Until next time, go Stars and go USA!

No comments:

Post a Comment