Monday, February 1, 2010

Howling Loss

Today's lucky number is 3. And by lucky, I mean unlucky. Stars fail again to grab the big third win in a row, and they missed the mark in their third attempt to topple Dave Tippett's new team. For those keeping score at home, his new soldiers have won 3 times, and we haven't won once. We didn't play horrible...but definitely not worthy of a win. Auld made some big saves that kept the game from getting too out of hand, but our offense hit a dry spell. Based on how up and down the team has been, I really can't picture them finishing higher than 7th in the West. This could easily change considering how cluttered spots 7-14 are (separated by 10 points) I fully expect the Coyotes and Kings to tail off in the second half, so that there could potentially open up two more spots (Dallas would be in) but regardless, being positioned at the bottom of the group isn't in our best interest, considering how poorly we play on the road, which is where most of the games would be played. I guess I'm wrapping this post up since I fell asleep during the middle of it and completely lost my train of thought.

Former Stars:
-Niklas Hagman was traded from Toronto to Calgary.
-Chris Conner landed with the Pittsburgh Penguins and had two goals the other day.

1 comment:

  1. I hate how we can't win more than two in a row. It must be some sort of curse. I think you're right that we can't finish higher than 7th unless we just start playing super well all of the sudden and go on a crazy winning streak.
    -John Swindle

    ReplyDelete