Wednesday, March 3, 2010

They're Baaaaack!

And flatter than ever. The LA Kings dropped Your Dallas Stars 5-1 on Tuesday, continuing the slide against our divisional rival. Dallas is now 0-2-2 against the Kings this season. The only positive to take from this game on the Stars' side is that Mike Ribeiro has been hot as ever since returning from his throat injury. Otherwise, I had two questions in my head on the Dart ride home.

1) What exactly did the team do during the break? It clearly wasn't practice. It's one thing to match up against a tough goalie, but everything about the team was off. Bad passing, poor defense, leaky goal-tending, sluggish skating. Name any negative and they most likely did it.

2) At any point in this game, did Joe Nieuwendyk second guess keeping Marty Turco? If Kari Lehtonen had a better mask (right now he's reppin' the basic white) I would have loved to see him between the pipes. I can all but bet good money that he will start Thursday against the Blues.Now as I mention the Stars played poorly, but I wont take anything away from the Kings. They have a legitimate team this season. All those high draft picks are finally producing, along with the stellar play of Olympian Jonathan Quick. Although he didn't see any playing time behind Ryan Miller, he still proved doubters wrong by making team USA. He has essentially the same goals against average as he had last season, as of this point he's played 12 more games, and has 15 more wins. You can tell the improved offense is helping him out quite a bit; Alexandar Frolov and Anze Kopitar are great and Ryan Smyth brings the experience to hold it down. I'll go ahead and eat my words that this team would tapper off.

Another thing I'll do is reiterate my love for the College Rush tickets. Free Chipotle and a seat five rows from the ice; can you ask for anything more? Oh and some famous skateboard guy was there; he was skating outside but I chose to get free Red Bull from a very pretty lady instead of watching.

Oh, and this made me laugh in the shop at the AAC.

1 comment:

  1. So we had two weeks off and it looks like we didn't accomplish anything. L.A. was without their star goalie for two weeks and he didn't play at all during those two weeks. I guess this proves we still can't win more than two in a row even if we have a two week break in between the 2nd and 3rd game. That was Turco's 500th game and he did poorly what happened to the goalie of the week who got us 7 points in 4 games. I really hope he starts playing like that again or Lehtonen is superb even though he hasn't played a game all season. I really hope the stars can step it up over the next two weeks and make the playoffs
    -John Swindle

    ReplyDelete