Saturday, January 30, 2010

Home Ice Big Advantage

Hip hip, hooray! Stars top the Avalanche 3-2 thanks to Alex Auld and the clearly oiled up Mike Modano (two goals last night, six in the last eight contests). There were some hard hits, but otherwise a fairly clean game penalty wise, with only three called the entire game. The game easily could have had more scoring for the Stars; for instance, Benn swung and missed with a clear shot of the back of the net, but I wont be petty and just appreciate the win. Dallas gets another shot at making it three in a row on Sunday, taking on Tippett's Coyotes for the first time at home. I'd like to think the crowd will give him a warm reception, considering he was forced out and didn't leave on bad terms. If we can win this game, you have to like our chances at making it four straight wins, since our next target is Minnesota on Tuesday. (I only stay that because at home, we dominate the Wild) But let's not count our chickens before they hatch, or however that saying goes. I apologize for the short post, but work is calling.

*I forgot to mention last post, but Tom Wandell will miss the remainder of the season due to knee surgery to repair his torn ACL. I remember when the injury occurred, he hit his knee on the door while skating by the bench. He left that game, but it didn't seem too serious; but it is. This is upsetting, since he was really starting to come on and play physically and make an impression. I pray the team doesn't do anything stupid and forget about him next season. All the best Tom.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad we beat the Avalanche after that humiliating defeat last week by the avalanche. I like your prediction of four wins in a row. I definitely think it's possible if we can beat the bankruptcies. That sucks about Wandell I heard it about a few days ago and I hope they keep him around cause he is a good player and should stick around for awhile.
    -John Swindle

    ReplyDelete