Saturday, December 5, 2009

Well...


Alright I have two games to catch you up on. First, Dallas beat the Ducks on Thursday, December 3 by a score of 3-1. The Stars were down 1-0 for the first two periods, but then lady luck decided to drop in to give us a flukey goal to tie it. Then the skill came in, and we never looked back.

Now for the real post. Stars lose in the shoot-out (what else is new) 3-2 to the Edmonton Oilers. Sucks I know, but this was my first venture of this campaign to the AAC to see the team live. I purchased one of those mystery pucks signed by a player; this time I ended up with Karlis Skrastins to go with my Barch and Ribiero. Oh and the tickets this time are to a game against Minnesota, should be fun. I was a bit disappointed with the crowd though; I'd say the place was roughly half full and never seemed to build much excitement till the shoot-out. As for the game, Dallas had a great first period, scoring twice by both Benn and Neal. Then they seemed to slow down. The Oilers brought it within one in the second, then tied it in the third. The over-time period was lack-luster, but the shoot-out was alright. Neal finally ended his streak of hitting the post...sadly he didn't hit anything. Morrow hit the post which would have extended the teams chance. Very dissapointing end to the game, but I did like what I saw from Marty Turco. We could have easily lost in regulation by multiple goals, but number 35 kept us in it. I applaud his effort.

Up Next: Five game road trip. Good.

No comments:

Post a Comment